Sunday, May 11, 2008

An Important email from Renee

Dear Gerry, I wanted to share with you and everyone I know, just how important the Heimlich Maneuver is to know. I thought I had puppy proofed our home quite well, yesterday I had the scare of my life. My love Sadie, got into trouble that almost cost us and her the worse moment anyone can imagine. She was found on the floor under our floor vent, a suction cup, well needless to say she had it in her mouth, and it got caught in her throat. She almost choked to death. But Thank God ,I had watched emergency rescue for dogs and cats on Animal Planet, and saw the Heimlich Maneuver. I suddenly started doing it on her, out came the suction cup, with little time to spare. I nearly had a stroke, but she is fine. I also dumped a teaspoon of salt down her throat which made her vomit within seconds. Please share this with all you know. Needless to say I have gone through my house with a fine toothed comb looking for anything else that could become a problem. For the rest of the day she would not leave my side, we are sole mates her and I. I felt so guilty all day and spent most of the rest of the crying and thanking God for answering my prayers just in time. Fondly Renee

No comments: